The Comment Section Is Now Open
Thursday, May 31, 2012
Let Summer Begin!
What says summer like a roadtrip and grandkids?
Yesterday I drove 463 miles on a quick round trip to pick up Moe..Lots of miles but SO worth it!
I worked today and Moe kind of hung out and recouped..she took Ole for a walk and hung out at the store...I came home and took a quick nap, did dishes and ordered pizza..
Made a brownie in a mug tonight to top it off and it's getting late, but we are just hanging out watching a tv show on netflix (Life Interrupted..had never heard of it and am totally enjoying it)
Hope YOU are all having whatever makes a great summertime for you..
Look who was over the moon to see Moe??? Ole loves the girls...he was in puppy heaven!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Mare and Moe! How fun that you two will get to spend some time together. And you two look so much alike! Have a great week hanging out. LOVE the photo of Moe and Ole. Ole's whole body just says how happy he is to have his girl with him!!
ReplyDeleteYOU GUYS DO LOOK ALIKE. HOW FUN. ENJOY YOUR TIME TOGETHER.
ReplyDeleteGRANNY LOU
Ole looks so happy all snuggled into Moe! I love it!
ReplyDeleteWhat a nice grandma you are to go pick her up. My grandma would have put me on a bus. LOL How's Megan?
Quiet Friday here. One of my new meds has been making me sick so I don't feel much like doing the things I should be doing. I'm reading a Sue Grafton novel instead. Any of you read her alphabet series?
xoxox
Katie
Hello Ladies,
ReplyDeleteLove the pics Mare, just so cute! You are a wonderful Gma!
Katie-I have read them all and love them!
Back from the beach...sigh...it was so lovely there. Have I said how much I love the beach?! LOL! Was a nice getaway...Mr.NYC leaves in the am...another sigh...
Hugs, Beth
Stopping by and enjoyed your bunny story. I have 4 bunnies that meet in my backyard and they are nibbling on my plants and in the front yard, I have two squirrels that are eating my landscaping around the trees. At this stage of the game, I watch the bunnies and laugh. I hope they leave me some flowers when I look out my kitchen window. Took a trip to the hospital on Memorial Day, it was very hot here and my body (lungs) did not like it. I have AC in my house but the heat affected me so I had to have a mega dose of steroids. I am doing ok now. Granny, glad to hear you gave your granddaughter your car. I know she will take good care of it since it meant so much to you. You made her very happy!! That is what Grandma's do. Mare...nothing like spending time with your granddaughter, it is special. My newest announcement is, I am a GREAT Grandmother. My oldest grandson and his girlfriend just had a baby on May 26th. Her name is Emily Mae. Life goes on.... Enjoy!!!! Beth....someday Mr.NYC will be in Ca but just think of all the frequent flyer miles you have. (do they still do that?) Enjoy your time with him & have fun.....
ReplyDeleteTake care,
Gloria
MARE, WHERE DID THE WEEK GO? TIME FLIES BY SO FAST. BEFORE YOU KNOW IT MOE WILL BE GOING HOME. I THINK YOU NEED TO TALK HER INTO STAYING THE WHOLE MONTH.LOVE THE PICTURE OF HER AND THE PUP ON THE COUCH. YOU CAN TELL HE'S LOVED.
ReplyDeleteTHANKS GLORIA FOR THE KIND WORDS AND I DO HOPE THE HEAT OF SUMMER DOESN'T CAUSE ANY TROUBLE FOR YOU. MY BROTHER HAS ASTHMA AND HE SUFFERS IN THE HEAT.SO I HEAR WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY.
BETH, I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU AND MR.NYC. THERE'S NOTHING LIKE THE BEACH AND BEAUTIFUL SUNSETS OR SUNRISE. HOW DOES HE LIKE HIS NAME MR. NYC. I LOVE IT.
LOV, I MAY HAVE MISSED IT IN THE PAST BUT DO YOU BREED DOGS ON TOP OF GOING TO DOGSHOWS? JUST WONDERING.I KNOW IF SOMEONE HAD OUR MALTESE AND KEPT UP WITH THE GROOMING AND TRAINNING HE COULD BE A CHAMP. WE'RE PAST THE AGE TO DO WHAT IT TAKES. FOR US HE'S JUST OUR BABY BOY. HE'LL BE 6 IN AUGUST. SPOILED ROTTEN AS I'VE SAID IN THE PAST.
MARY, SO WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN UP TOO SINCE RETIRING. MAYBE PLANNING A TRIP TO CALIFORNIA. IT WOULD BE SO NICE. BUY A SIDECAR AND I'LL GO WITH YOU AND MARE. I'LL LAY OUT ON THE BEACH WHILE YOU VISIT YOUR SWEET BUDDY. JUST DO IT BEFORE YOU GET TO OLD TO GO.I KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT.
I'M SITTING HERE WATCHING THE FOOD NETWORK. THE GUY IS MAKING BBQ RIBS. OMG THEY LOOK SO GOOD. I WANT SOME. I NEED GRAMPS TO BUY A GRILL.
TO ALL PEEKERS, HAVE A NICE DAY. I HEARD THAT PEEKER ARLENE WAS IN THE HOSPITAL FOR A LITTLE REPAIR WORK. I MUST CHECK AND SEE HOW SHE'S DOING. I'LL HAVE TO CHECK WITH MY SOURCE. I DON'T LIKE BOTHERING SOMEONE THAT MIGHT BE RESTING. GO MAKE SOMEONE HAPPY TODAY.
GRANNY LOU
Hey everyone! I should have put a new post up this afternoon, but instead I took a nap...it felt DIVINE!
ReplyDeleteLuvs, how are the puppies? I wish I had a really close up of them..if you ever have one to share, please email me ok?? I would like to know a little about them..so adorable.
Katie, sure hope you're feeling better..hate the new med thing..can be SO miserable..did your vacay letdown? ugh! Looked like you had a blast though :)
Beth..I'll bet you hated to wave goodbye to Mr. NYC...it will be so wonderful when he retires and you can be on the same end of the states! :) Imagine that...together..how wonderful it will be. Is he loving the new house too? How can he not? You did good picking the right one I think! Any tomatoes yet? Youngest son just brought me some from work (another story for another time) but I just realized we have NO SHOVEL! What happened to it?? I need one FAST...have to get the plants in soon. I planted the few I have (flowering plants) the best I could...hope they live :)
Gloria..so sorry you have had a bad time...again (still!) and congratulations on your precious new addition to your family! How cool...Always glad to have you pop in to say "hi" and check in.
TG...ribs..on the grill?? I will be waiting for the call to come over for them..I'll bring the baked beans! (and brownies :)
I can't believe you finally passed your car along...probably time, and how great for you and your granddaughter, but still another chapter, hm??
OK everyone...I promised a dessert around here so I will go make a brownie in a cup OR strawberry short cake (not sure if I have enough chocolate left for the brownie, so may be short cake by default)
Have a great evening all...
M
p.s. just btw, I can't imagine we look ANYTHING alike!!! LOL
Hi Mare and Ladies,
ReplyDeleteIt is always sad to wave good-bye but as long as the next trip for one of us to travel is on the books we feel better. I will be going back there the end of the month. The tomato plants are doing great. Well, 2 are doing great and 1 not so great. 2 have many little green tomatoes on them but the 1 in the middle doesn't have any yet. I was ready to yank it out but will give it another week or so. Also planted rosemary, slow growing, and 2 different types of basil and a cilantro plant. Have eaten some off of both of those and have been yummy additions to salads, salsa and tacos!
TG-I DON'T KNOW IF I HAVE TOLD MR.NYC OF HIS NICKNAME! I WILL HAVE TO DO SO. HE KNOWS ALL ABOUT THIS WONDERFUL BLOG AND MY FRIENDS HERE.
I had a heart breaking but also joyful experience yesterday. My neice is a social worker. She works for a non-profit Christian adoption group. She got a call to go pick up a baby from the hospital from a mom who didn't know if she could care for her newborn. My neice was then going to take the baby to a foster family who would care for the baby girl until the mom made the decision to either keep the baby or give her up for adoption. Well, my neice brought the baby girl over to my house on the way to deliver the baby to the foster family. I have to tell you that I am crazy for babies. I could hold them all day and have thought about volunteering at the hospital in the NICU holding the babies. I held onto that baby while she was here and wanted to keep her. She was only 2 days old and I wanted to show her that she was loved and ...oh, it was so hard to let her go. I just pray that whatever the decision that the mother makes is the right one for this precious little girl. Please pray for her...
Hugs, Beth
BETH, I HEAR YOU ABOUT BABIES. IT'S SO HEARTBREAKING TO HEAR A STORY ABOUT A MOTHER NOT BEING ABLE TO CARE FOR THEIR LITTLE ONES.I JUST KNOW YOU'D MAKE A WONDERFUL MOTHER FOR THAT BABY.[FOSTER MOTHER]
ReplyDeleteMARE, FOR SURE IT WAS TIME TO SELL MY CAR. I'VE SAD NO TO HER FOR TWO YEARS BUT SHE'S GROWN UP ALOT AND NEEDED A CAR BADLY. MINE WAS JUST SITTING THERE IN THE GARAGE COVERED SO I GAVE IN. I HOPE I DIDN'T MAKE A MISTAKE. GRAMPS EVEN MADE OUT A CONTRACT TO TEACH HER RESPONSIBILITIES ABOUT CARING FOR A CAR. I WOULD HAVE GIVEN IT TO HER,BUT IT WAS A COLLECTORS CAR. ONLY 1500 MADE THAT YEAR AND STILL IN PERFECT CONDITION. SHE HAD TO PROMISE TO CARE FOR IT LIKE A CHILD. LOL, WE'LL SEE. JUST GLAD IT'S OUT OF THE GARAGE AND NOW WE HAVE ROOM FOR MY ROLLER SKATES.LOL
GRANNY LOU
Nothing better than a road trip, pizza and family. We are taking one end of the month. 12 hours in the car. Ugh but I cannot wait to see my family.
ReplyDeleteThese are the moments that make Summer so special. Don't you love it when you can get the grands all to yourself?!
ReplyDeleteI GOT AN E MAIL FROM ONE OF THE OLD BBS FROM ROSS BLOG SAYING HE'S BACK. I CHECKED IT OUT AND HE MADE A VIDEO TO ALL OF THE OLD BUDDIES. HE ALSO PUT THE OLD BLOG BACK THE WAY IT USED TO BE. I SAW LOV THERE. HOPE EVERYONE GIVES HIM A 2ND CHANCE.
ReplyDeleteGRANNY