What a couple of weeks! Was so good to be at Megan's and help get things ready for Moe's big day. There is always a lot to do to get things ready and we were so happy to get to be a part of it!
After our trip there we got together with Megan's family and the other grands and went out to eat and put our heads together to make sure we were all on the same page for the graduation and festivites.
In the days to follow we rounded up some items still needed to decorate and of course the food and favors and also attended an awards night AND a track meet!
SO fun! and over way to soon!
As Moe walked up to get her diploma I just could NOT believe it-where had the years gone? After walking through, the graduates had flowers they gave out to the special women in their lives and I did really good until my sweet girl hugged me and I looked up and saw Megan as well and-well I kind of lost it! Moe said, "Nana, we're ok!!" and of course we were. Actually, I was BETTER than okay!
After the graduates showered each other with silly string, they were dismissed and we headed out. She had an amazing turnout for her party. Some aunts and uncles showed up from a long ways away (one aunt she hadn't seen since she was just a baby) and she had many church and school friends stop by as well.
There was plenty of food, fun and BLISTERS by the time the day ended.
A great day with loads of memories.
How blessed we feel to have been a part of it!
P.S. Moe was smart and wore her sparkly moccasins before and after graduation to save her feet from pain as she had some rockin' heels she wore to the ceremony!



Beautiful photos!! The day truly is a milestone, and what a great memory and lovely, wonderful day to be part of!!!
ReplyDeleteAhhh, precious memories...thank you for sharing them with us. What a wonderful family you have!
ReplyDeleteHugs, Beth
What sweet memories you all will have! What are Moe's plans, now that she is out of high school? A big life is ahead of her. So exciting!
ReplyDeleteJUST WONDERFUL TO BE SPECIAL.
ReplyDeleteBEAUTIFUL
LOU
Oh Mare...How exciting for you and your family. The picture of you and Moe...I see that a very young lady looks like her Grandma.
ReplyDeleteThe window to Moe's future is right in front of her. All she has to do is go out in this world and make her mark. I know she will do great things. I can see it in her eyes.
Congratulations Moe....
Take care,
Gloria
YOU HAVEN'T BEEN AROUNDF FOR A WHILE SO I WAS THINKING THAT MAYBE YOUR TIED UP WITH YOUR DAD. IS HE OK? I DON'T HAVE A CELL PHONE LIKE THE OTHER GALS ON HERE TO KEEP IN TOUCH BY TEXTING. JUST WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT YOUR MISSED.
ReplyDeleteLOU
Mare, where you at?
ReplyDeleteMare-hope things are ok and you are just busy...
ReplyDeleteHugs, Beth
Mare...ditto on what Lou said, what Luv said and what Beth said.
ReplyDeleteDoes anyone have her phone number to check on her. I know Kathy (Katie) communicates with her but she is in the Outer Banks this week.
Praying you are busy and everything is ok.
Take Care,
Gloria
Mare is fine. I just got home from vacation this afternoon and read all your posts. You are so sweet to worry. Her store is having a huge blowout sale this weekend and I bet she's just busy with that. She has steadily played Words With Friends (Scrabble) with me on our phones every day so I know she is okay. Just a busy busy one! :)
ReplyDeletexox
Katie
Thanks Katie (Kathy).... I like the name Kathy since that is my oldest daughter's name..... Kathleen Marie to be exact.
DeleteHave a wonderful Memorial Day weekend. Cold in Syracuse and windy. I have my fireplace going. Snow is predicted for Northern, NY and Vermont tonight. Ugh!!
Take care,
Gloria
Hi guys! Moe(Mare's granddaughter)here. I just wanted to say that from the sounds of it I had thought that Mare had fallen off of the face of the planet so I had text her. Don't worry she is still very much alive but she has a minor brain injury and can't remember what her name is or who anyone else is. It will take some time but she will eventually come to her senses and get back to blogging. Your encouragement will mean so much to her in her current situation.
ReplyDeleteLove her oldest and favorite granddaughter(maybe not after this),
Moe :)
P.S glad you are doing better grandma! I love you :)
Just Joking! Mare is at a concert and has no new brain injuries. I just like to play around a little bit to take her off edge!:)
ReplyDeleteNana I love you! remember that when you see this<3
Love,
Moe