As life would have it, I ended up moving quite a bit and Megan was pretty well put so she became keeper of the rose.
The last time she moved, a couple years ago, the rose got dug up late and was not able to be planted as it should. When it was possible, it was planted, but looked...well-DEAD!
Late last summer when I was visiting she showed me a TINY (and I mean tiny) glimmer of green-LIFE??
Well, this year, the plant started to sprout green, and buds and FLOWERS!
That girl of mine has a green thumb just like my grandmas! She can grow ginormous plants-it's amazing!
Grandma would be thrilled and I'm so happy she was chosen as "keeper of the rose."
It seems like a small thing but really it is SO important!
Late last summer when I was visiting she showed me a TINY (and I mean tiny) glimmer of green-LIFE??
Well, this year, the plant started to sprout green, and buds and FLOWERS!
That girl of mine has a green thumb just like my grandmas! She can grow ginormous plants-it's amazing!
Grandma would be thrilled and I'm so happy she was chosen as "keeper of the rose."
It seems like a small thing but really it is SO important!

CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?
ReplyDeleteTHE ROSES ARE JUST SO PRETTY. TAKE MORE PICTURES.
HUGS, LOU
Good news is never a small thing! Love that it is growing.
ReplyDeleteHugs, Beth
Very touching!
ReplyDeleteSometimes it's the small things that are most important..
ReplyDelete