Love the photos, Mare. I am assuming the vintage photo is of you and your Dad. Very sweet! So good to hear that your Dad is doing well after his treatment.
And Happy Father's Day to the first man I ever had a crush on. I miss you.
YOUR SO LUCKY TO BE ABLE TO SPEND TIME WITH YOUR DAD. IT'S WONDERFUL SO CHERRISH EVERY MINUTE. I CAN REMEMBER THE LAST WORDS I SAID TO MY DAD AS HE SAT ON THE FRONT PORCH NOT WANTING TO GO ON A PICNIC WHEN MOM, MY COUSIN BOB AND HIS WIFE. HE WASN'T FEELING WELL. AS I STOOD BY THE DOOR READY TO LEAVE, I SAID TO HIM, WOULD YOU LIKE TO COME HOME WITH ME? HE SAID NO. HE JUST WANTED TO LAY DOWN AND REST. THEN I SAID, I'LL SEE YOU AGAIN SOON. SOON NEVER CAME.THAT WAS BACK IN MAY OF 1960. IF I'M RIGHT IT WAS 43 YEARS AGO THANKS MARE FOR LETTING ME SHARE THIS HERE ON YOUR BLOG. YOU NEVER STOP LOVING YOUR DADDY. A TEAR WET MY CHEEK.
Happy Father's day to Mike and Dale! Two awesome dads! And Mary E's husband, too! And Megan's husband! I gave my hubs a Father's Day card from all the cats, signed all their names with my left hand (I'm right-handed). It's sort of a tradition. LOL
Granny... believe it or not, that makes 53 years!!! Time flies doesn't it Mare.. sweet pictures as always. So glad his treatments went well He is tough Katie I have owed you an email forever... i will write soon and try to explain my dereliction in writing. Hope you are doing well I miss my dad too. He has been gone for twenty years but it seems like yesterday that he left sometimes. YOu all take care. :)
well, it was a long but good day. Went to watch Granddoll #3 (Mimi) play in her softball tournament then went over to see dad (and swung past Mary E's house to see her new windows but didn't stop in-she had met us while we had a bite) and then on home where youngest son had come for a visit. Yep, long but good. I am VERY thankful to still have dad..boy is he a stubborn one (in a good way) Thanks for sharing Lou and Luv, I LOVE the way you put your feelings-so sweet. SueZ, so good to see you comment. Hope all has been well with you. Katie, I think that is great that Kev got a card too! You know dad's come in all shapes, sizes and forms and the nurturing is what it's about. Enjoying a cool breeze coming in this evening while having a cup of coffee (decaf) with cream (just a TAD) Hope your day was a good one. M
SUEZK, I FORGOT TO COUNT MY TOES WHEN I WAS COUNTING THE YEARS.. I DO HOPE YOU HAD A GOOD DAD THINKING OF YOUR DAD ALSO. MT GIRLS TOOK GRAMPS TO A WINERY SAT. FOR A FATHER DAY DATE EARLY AND THEN OUT TO DINNER. HE HAD A BALL. HE EVEN BROUGHT HOME A BOTTLE OF WINE AND THE GLASS HE USED AT THE WINE TASTING. HE WALKED IN SMILING. I STAYED HOME WITH JOEY ALL DAY. I LOVE IT WHEN THE GIRLS GO ON DATES WITH THEIR FATHER. THEY ADORE THEIR DAD. LOU
GRANNY- forgot to count your toes.... good one! :) Yes I had a great Dad and I still miss him . Wine tasting and a dinner date..lovely!!!! MARE thank you for always making me feel welcome
This father's day happened to fall on my daughter's birthday so that was able to distract me ( a little) from missing my dear dad as I do every year. He has been gone for 32 years, can't believe it when I type that... I still miss him but am SO BLESSED that I had such a wonderful, kind, thoughtful man for a dad. I never heard him raise his voice, he was a true gentleman. Thanks Mare for letting us share. Hugs, Beth
You lost your father very young Beth (both you AND him) I always love to hear your thoughts and stories of your family...that goes for everyone here! Thank all of YOU for sharing!
Your comments come through as no reply. ack. I saw that you checked yours and it should be okay, not sure what Google is doing to all of us. I may end up just going to Wordpress with my blog. So tired of the stupid Google thing. xox
Thanks Di-ugh! I don't know what else to change or do...I'm really over the google ting but don't really want to do wordpress (lazy? yes!) This is supposed to be fun and it's becoming aggravating! Thanks for letting me know.
Love the photos, Mare. I am assuming the vintage photo is of you and your Dad. Very sweet! So good to hear that your Dad is doing well after his treatment.
ReplyDeleteAnd Happy Father's Day to the first man I ever had a crush on. I miss you.
OH LUV! VINTAGE????????? LOL,yes it is my dad and me! :)and yes, it IS vintage for sure! :)
DeleteYOUR SO LUCKY TO BE ABLE TO SPEND TIME WITH YOUR DAD. IT'S WONDERFUL SO CHERRISH EVERY MINUTE. I CAN REMEMBER THE LAST WORDS I SAID TO MY DAD AS HE SAT ON THE FRONT PORCH NOT WANTING TO GO ON A PICNIC WHEN MOM, MY COUSIN BOB AND HIS WIFE. HE WASN'T FEELING WELL. AS I STOOD BY THE DOOR READY TO LEAVE, I SAID TO HIM, WOULD YOU LIKE TO COME HOME WITH ME? HE SAID NO. HE JUST WANTED TO LAY DOWN AND REST. THEN I SAID, I'LL SEE YOU AGAIN SOON. SOON NEVER CAME.THAT WAS BACK IN MAY OF 1960. IF I'M RIGHT IT WAS 43 YEARS AGO THANKS MARE FOR LETTING ME SHARE THIS HERE ON YOUR BLOG. YOU NEVER STOP LOVING YOUR DADDY. A TEAR WET MY CHEEK.
ReplyDeleteHAPPY FATHERS DAD MARES' DAD AND MINE.
LOU
DAY NOT DAD BUT I HAVE AN EXCUSE I HAD MARES DAD ON MY MINE. YUP. OLD BRAIN CELLS JUMPING AGAIN.
ReplyDeleteLOU
Happy Father's day to Mike and Dale! Two awesome dads! And Mary E's husband, too! And Megan's husband! I gave my hubs a Father's Day card from all the cats, signed all their names with my left hand (I'm right-handed). It's sort of a tradition. LOL
ReplyDeleteKatie
Granny... believe it or not, that makes 53 years!!! Time flies doesn't it
ReplyDeleteMare.. sweet pictures as always. So glad his treatments went well He is tough
Katie I have owed you an email forever... i will write soon and try to explain my dereliction in writing. Hope you are doing well
I miss my dad too. He has been gone for twenty years but it seems like yesterday that he left sometimes.
YOu all take care. :)
SueZK
well, it was a long but good day. Went to watch Granddoll #3 (Mimi) play in her softball tournament then went over to see dad (and swung past Mary E's house to see her new windows but didn't stop in-she had met us while we had a bite) and then on home where youngest son had come for a visit. Yep, long but good.
ReplyDeleteI am VERY thankful to still have dad..boy is he a stubborn one (in a good way) Thanks for sharing Lou and Luv, I LOVE the way you put your feelings-so sweet.
SueZ, so good to see you comment. Hope all has been well with you.
Katie, I think that is great that Kev got a card too! You know dad's come in all shapes, sizes and forms and the nurturing is what it's about.
Enjoying a cool breeze coming in this evening while having a cup of coffee (decaf) with cream (just a TAD)
Hope your day was a good one.
M
Hi Mare! I'm so, so glad your Dad is doing well, and I'm hoping that your day has ended on a good note!!
ReplyDeleteGlad all is well and that your Dad is done with his treatments..
ReplyDeleteSUEZK, I FORGOT TO COUNT MY TOES WHEN I WAS COUNTING THE YEARS.. I DO HOPE YOU HAD A GOOD DAD THINKING OF YOUR DAD ALSO. MT GIRLS TOOK GRAMPS TO A WINERY SAT. FOR A FATHER DAY DATE EARLY AND THEN OUT TO DINNER. HE HAD A BALL. HE EVEN BROUGHT HOME A BOTTLE OF WINE AND THE GLASS HE USED AT THE WINE TASTING. HE WALKED IN SMILING. I STAYED HOME WITH JOEY ALL DAY. I LOVE IT WHEN THE GIRLS GO ON DATES WITH THEIR FATHER. THEY ADORE THEIR DAD.
ReplyDeleteLOU
GRANNY- forgot to count your toes.... good one! :) Yes I had a great Dad and I still miss him . Wine tasting and a dinner date..lovely!!!!
ReplyDeleteMARE thank you for always making me feel welcome
SueZK
Always glad to have you comment SueZ!
DeleteThis father's day happened to fall on my daughter's birthday so that was able to distract me ( a little) from missing my dear dad as I do every year. He has been gone for 32 years, can't believe it when I type that... I still miss him but am SO BLESSED that I had such a wonderful, kind, thoughtful man for a dad. I never heard him raise his voice, he was a true gentleman.
ReplyDeleteThanks Mare for letting us share.
Hugs, Beth
You lost your father very young Beth (both you AND him) I always love to hear your thoughts and stories of your family...that goes for everyone here!
DeleteThank all of YOU for sharing!
Your comments come through as no reply. ack. I saw that you checked yours and it should be okay, not sure what Google is doing to all of us. I may end up just going to Wordpress with my blog. So tired of the stupid Google thing. xox
ReplyDeleteThanks Di-ugh! I don't know what else to change or do...I'm really over the google ting but don't really want to do wordpress (lazy? yes!) This is supposed to be fun and it's becoming aggravating! Thanks for letting me know.
Delete